Monday, May 6, 2013

My Baby Blog

      I'm inquisitive by nature. In fact, my mom says that I literally climbed the cabinets trying to get into things as a child.  It only stands to reason that I would take that same adventurous spirit into my classroom.
      My favorite quote for my classroom is "Wisdom begins in wonder" (Aristotle).  It's punched out in plaid, rainbow letters across my biggest bulletin board.  Most of the time you'll find my students working around my classroom with partners, or small groups.  I prefer to think of myself as a facilitator of learning.  I love watching them discover new concepts.  Of course, some people might consider my classroom a little chaotic. Personally, I believe that my students are going to internalize the learning more because they're engaged. Every year to tell my students that I don't want them to regurgitate (yes, I use that word) information. My goal is to help them retain concepts for the rest of their lives.
     Which has led me down the long and winding road of grant-writing and teaching with technology... Sometimes I jokingly tell people that I'm a technotard (thanks PT, for getting that term stuck in my head), but I am always willing to learn something new.  My class has gone from word processing to iMovies! Usually, by the end of the year they know more than I do about operating the tech in my room. 
     Now I'm beginning a brand-new adventure... In March I started selling my resources on Teacher Pay Teachers (www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Becky-Blair). This weekend, I bought and used my first clip art set (I think I'm already addicted; I just bought three more sets!). And today, I started my very own blog! 
      Stick around and we'll enjoy this adventure together.  As I get better at blogging, I'll share all my creative ideas with you. Thanks for taking this journey with me!


No comments:

Post a Comment